About Almanor Lakeside Villas
Lake Almanor is a man-made lake that was created by Great Western Power in 1926/7 when a dam was constructed on the Feather River creating a reservoir for hydro-electric power generation. Interestingly, Guy C Earl, the Vice President of Great Western Power at the time, named the lake after his three daughters -- Alice, Martha and Eleanor -- AL for Alice, MA for Martha, and NOR for the end of Eleanor.
The Almanor Lakeside Villas, located on the east side of the lake, were built in 2001 and consist of 24 lakefront properties. This beautiful development was the home of the historic Kokanee Lodge that was one of the original long time lakefront properties.